Monday, April 04, 2011

I am back in action... for good this time

You know, sometimes in life you can really get shafted. The kind of person you are depends on how you deal with something that you fee is wrong.

Those of you who know me would know that late last year, in about August actually, I was made redundant from my old job. I was devastated because I was doing well. We were making money here in WA and our customers loved us. But... the business had their reasons and a few guys Australia wide were given a cheque, a letter of recommendation and were put on gardening leave with immediate notice.

Now I have never enjoyed being out of a job, so I fretted. I fretted badly and that I am not proud of it. I should have relaxed, gone out and forged ahead on my own, but I didn't.
I am better with a job. I like the security. Yes, I could go out and make more money doing what I love - consulting - however I like a job for reasons other than money. I like the friendships that are born, the camaraderie and the competition. I like downing tools on a Friday afternoon to go for a pint. I like hearing about everyone's weekend on a Monday morning. When you work for yourself, you don't get those things.

It is these traits of office life which have lead me down a path to self enlightenment and new determination to ensure that my personal businesses are not neglected. I know that I have not written for a while, however I have not been idle. I have been educating myself and starting up a couple of new ventures.

This blog page has always been my most popular outlet for my creative side. I think I translate from what's in my head to what's on the page pretty well. So I have made this my website. No more markehlers.com.au. I don't need that. Everyone came here anyway. So now, this is where I am going to stay.

What do I have for you, I hear you ask...

Firstly there is the Business Information Management business, which is a grown-up extension of Customer Relationship Management.

I am starting a sales training business. This will have it's own site, however I will be promoting it through here as well. It is going to offer a series of courses that people can undertake in their own time to improve their ability, not just to sell, but to effectively grow and manage a business.

I am on the verge of a music project which I am very excited about. Some of you may know that I play the drums. I am not playing in this respect. My musical contacts have lead me to a business opportunity which I am hoping to replicate once success is proven.

So, after my short interlude to get some new perspectives, I am now going for broke in looking for new business. So, if you or someone you know wants to assess their business processes and how they are selling and marketing their businesses, then give me a shout, because a coffee costs nothing and relationships can make $millions and  last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment